About the Texas Concealed Carry Class:
Only this one class is required to obtain your Texas CHL.
Our students get:
1) 5+ hours of Texas department of Public Safety required classroom instruction time on:
- The handgun laws of Texas
- Texas penal code
- Use of force & deadly force
- Non-violent dispute resolution
- Safe storage & carry of your firearm
Our students know where they can carry concealed, open carry and when they can use their guns for self-defense. Our students know and understand the law before they leave our classroom and they receive training far beyond state minimums.
2) Copy of the Texas handgun statutes and pertinent penal code sections.
3) “EZ sheet” via email to make the law less confusing & outline the remaining steps to complete the License To Carry process with the state of Texas.
After completion of class material, student takes written & range tests. Upon successful completion of both written & range test, student will be issued a course qualification certificate to be used in their License To Carry application. Students should plan on 7 hours combined for class & testing sessions. Classroom instruction will be conducted at our address, with the shooting portion completed at a nearby affiliate range. (Small range fee applies) This course is open to all U.S. citizens within 6 months of being 21 years of age and older. Student should have no felony criminal record. If you have questions about your record, please contact The Texas Department of Safety.
The following will be needed to take the written & range test:
- Semi-auto pistol or revolver .32 cal minimum. (rental available)
- 50 rounds of ammunition. You may bring your own or purchase from range.
- Pen, highlighter, notebook
More About the Instructor
Eric Ward is a Certified Firearms Instructor and Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer with over a decade of experience teaching programs and training groups. Eric holds a Black belt in Krav Maga and is an accredited firearms instructor certified with both the Texas Department of Public Safety & The National Rifle Association. Sign up and take a class with him today!
How Do You Register For the Class:
We require pre-registration for our classes. Please click the “Add to the Cart” button above to make your payment or call us to register over the phone.
Where is the Class?
The classroom section will be held at 4Ward Defense at 12337 Jones Rd, Suite 224, Houston TX, with the Live Fire exam conducted at a nearby range. Please note we do NOT accept walk-ins. You MUST Pre-Register.
How Do I Apply For My CCW License After the Class?
After the class, you will walk out with a class completion certificate signed by the instructor. From there you just need to visit your county sheriff’s office and apply. Don’t worry. We’ll give you detailed instructions and set you up before you leave the class.
What Do Eric’s Students Say About His Class?