Concealed Carry Class Content?
Only this one class is required to obtain your Texas CHL.
The Class includes EVERYTHING needed to apply:
- The classroom portion involves four to six hours of instruction by our Texas concealed handgun instructor certified by the DPS.
- The course curriculum covers:
- Laws related to weapons and the use of deadly force
- Handgun use and safety
- Non-violent dispute resolution
- Safe storage of handguns
- The classroom instruction concludes with a 25-question exam. The applicant must score 70 percent or better to pass.
- The shooting proficiency test follows the classroom section of the class. The test involves 50 shots at timed intervals at a B-27 target at distances of 3, 7 and 15 yards. The B-27 target is roughly the size of a human silhouette. Scoring is based on the combat system and passing is 70 percent (175 points out of a possible 250). Eighty percent of the shots are taken at 3 and 7 yards; so, it is possible to pass the test with no score at the 15-yard distance. It is not a difficult test. However, passing the test does requires the student to demonstrate reasonable shooting ability, safe gun handling and familiarity with loading and safety procedures. (Additional detail here)
Please note you do NOT need to own/have a gun to take this class. You may borrow one from our instructor.
Date & Time:
The classroom session will be held on the morning starting at 9am. The firearm shooting exam will be conducted following the classroom session.
BONUS: Provided course materials include an 80-page booklet presented by the instructor and reprinted from the Department of Public Safety website. The booklet compiles all current handgun related laws drawn from the various Texas codes.
Where is the Class?
This class involves both classroom and live firing modules and thus will in part be help in our classroom and at a local gun range. Learn more about our downtown El Paso CHL location here. We do not publish the exact address of the CHL courses online because pre-registration is required to reserve your seat so we can control the exact number of attendees. The exact address is emailed /given to students who register online or by phone.
Important Class Information
Students must bring to the class:
- Government Issued Photo-ID (Drivers License).
For the shooting proficiency exam which will be held separate from the classroom section you must also bring:
- Either a revolver or Semi-Auto handgun .32 caliber or higher. If you do not have one you can borrow it from the instructor.
- A minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition. (Extra ammo is advised as three attempts at qualification are allowed)
- Ear and Eye protection
Please feel free to call 915-229-6949 with any questions. Additional Questions? Try reading our Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
*Please note that all Credit Card charges will appear as JP2 USAFT on your statement
*Read More About our Refund Policy here.