About the Texas Concealed Carry Class:
Only this one class is required to obtain your Texas CHL.
The Class includes EVERYTHING needed to apply:
- The classroom portion involves four to five hours of instruction by our Texas concealed handgun instructor certified by the DPS.
- The course curriculum covers:
- Laws related to weapons and the use of deadly force
- Handgun use and safety
- Non-violent dispute resolution
- Safe storage of handguns
- The classroom instruction concludes with a 25-question exam. The applicant must score 70 percent or better to pass. Please don’t stress this. We will be there with you and we will prepare you for this exam… everyone does well. We have a no pass refund guarantee. If you fail we’ll give you your money back.
- The shooting proficiency test follows the classroom section of the class. It is not a difficult test. However, passing the test does requires the student to demonstrate reasonable shooting ability, safe gun handling and familiarity with loading and safety procedures. (Additional detail here)
About the Concealed Carry Instructor:
Luis Villarreal (said as Louis), born and raised in Texas for 32 years, started shooting at age 4, Graduated from Marine Military Academy in 2002, Took some college but didn’t decide on what career he wanted in life, married to Jamie Villarreal in 2014, had a son (Luke Villarreal) September 2015, Pistol/Rifle instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer, CHL/LTC instructor. Currently pursuing a dream of becoming a licensed gunsmith while owning and operating Texas Black Guns Custom Shop LLC.
How Do You Register For the Class:
We require pre-registration for our classes. Please click the “Add to the Cart” button above to make your payment or call us to register over the phone.
Where is the Class Located?:
This class involves both classroom and live firing modules and will be held at The Best of the West Shooting Range located at 19500 Hwy Route 29 Liberty Hill, TX. Please note we do NOT accept walk-ins. You MUST Pre-Register.
How Do I Apply For My CCW License After the Class?
After the class, you will walk out with a class completion certificate signed by the instructor. From there you just need to visit your county sheriff’s office and apply. Don’t worry. We’ll give you detailed instructions and set you up before you leave the class.