Concealed Carry Class Content?
Only this one class is required to obtain your Texas CHL.
The Class includes EVERYTHING needed to apply:
- The classroom portion involves four to five hours of instruction by our Texas concealed handgun instructor certified by the DPS.
- The course curriculum covers:
- Laws related to weapons and the use of deadly force
- Handgun use and safety
- Non-violent dispute resolution
- Safe storage of handguns
- The classroom instruction concludes with a 25-question exam. The applicant must score 70 percent or better to pass. Please don’t stress this. We will be there with you and we will prepare you for this exam… everyone does well. We have a no pass refund guarantee. If you fail we’ll give you your money back.
- The shooting proficiency test follows the classroom section of the class. It is not a difficult test. However, passing the test does requires the student to demonstrate reasonable shooting ability, safe gun handling and familiarity with loading and safety procedures. (Additional detail here)
Date & Time:
The classroom session will be held on the morning starting at 9:30am. The firearm shooting exam will be conducted following the classroom session.
Where is the Class?
This class involves both classroom and live firing modules and will be held at The Best of the West Shooting Range located at 19500 Hwy Route 29 Liberty Hill, TX. Please note we do NOT accept walk-ins. You MUST Pre-Register.
Important Class Information
Students must bring to the class:
- Government Issued Photo-ID (Drivers License).
For the shooting proficiency exam which will be held separate from the classroom section you must also bring:
- Either a revolver or Semi-Auto handgun .32 caliber or higher. If you do not have one you can borrow it from the instructor.
- A minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition. (Extra ammo is advised as three attempts at qualification are allowed)
- Ear and Eye protection
- A ball cap
- Closed toe shoes
Please feel free to call 915-229-6949 with any questions. Additional Questions? Try reading our Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
*Please note that all Credit Card charges will appear as JP2 USAFT on your statement
*Read More About our Refund Policy here.